William Penn Newsletter
24th June 2015
PTA News and Dates
Following this week’s PTA meeting the dates below have been agreed in addition those which you already have:
- Class Photographs: 6th July 2015 – please ensure that your child is in correct uniform etc
- PTA AGM: 17th September 2015, (19:30 - 21:00). We would like to extend a warm welcome to all parents and friends of William Penn School.
- Christmas Fayre: 12th November 2015, (18:30 - 20:30). We are already making preparations for the Christmas Fayre and would like to include some new stalls selling produce/presents appropriate for parents. If you would like to book a stall or know someone that would be interested please contact the PTA using the details below.
- Christmas lunch/ party: 16th December 2015, (12:00 - 15:00). We are looking for an entertainer for the party afternoon and would welcome any recommendations from parents. If we could ask for contacts as soon as possible, we have a chance of booking something for this year as availability is already a concern.
- Christmas Disco: 17th December 2015, KS1: (17:00 - 18:00 and KS2: 18:00 - 19:00).
If you would like to contact the PTA, please approach a member directly or use the following e-mail address: email@example.com
INSET Day Reminder – Monday 29th June
The school will be closed to pupils on Monday 29th June as it is an INSET day. For your interest, the focus of the day is school improvement for the next academic year and this day is traditionally attended by all staff and members of the governing body.
Thank you to everyone that supported Sports Day last Friday. It was an enjoyable and well organised event led by Mrs Jacques and assisted by our school team captains and sports leaders from The Weald School. The children had a great time and, of course, congratulations to the Blue Team.
Sainsburys School Games – Golf Team Success
We are pleased to inform you that William Penn School tri-golf team has reached the Sainsbury’s School Games in Sussex Finals.
Following their success in the Level 2 School Games Area final, where they won the event, the school has now qualified for the Sainsbury’s School Games Summer Finals to be held on Wednesday 8th July 2015, at K2, Crawley. We wish them luck.
Thank you to all those who have already returned a report slip to acknowledge receipt and to add comments should you so wish. If you still have your slip at home, please send it in to school at your earliest convenience. Thank You
Please be reminded that clubs do not run on the days when we have Parents’ Consultations in school. Clubs on other days are unaffected.
PTA Textile Collection Reminder
We understand that some people were not ready for the last clothing collection or have had subsequent ‘sort outs’. Therefore, we would like to advertise another collection on 25th June. There is a collection bin in the playground which can be used in between collections and this will be emptied as necessary. Please see Mrs Cort for further details.
If you have any pupil achievements that you would like mentioned in the newsletter, please e-mail the office: firstname.lastname@example.org